Providing Your Saliva Sample
Advanx Health uses GeneFiX Saliva DNA Collection kits from Isohelix. These saliva collection kits are easy to use.
You can provide your sample under various health circumstances, including while you are pregnant, while you have a cold or the flu, and while you are taking common medications, including those for acid reflux or heartburn.
However, if you are undergoing medical treatment that reduces your white blood cell count, such as chemotherapy, it is best to wait at least two weeks after your last treatment or until your white blood cell count has returned to normal.
Your saliva sample is stable once it is mixed with the buffer solution available in the saliva collection tube. However, it is recommend that you ship your collected sample to the laboratory at your earliest convenience.
Here are the steps you should take:
1. Hold tube upright. Do not discard or spill liquid.
Remove the cap and keep for use later.
2. Screw the collection funnel onto tube gently.
Do not over-tighten.
3. Start spitting into the funnel until the amount of saliva reaches the 4ml fill line.
Foam or bubbles should be ABOVE the 4ml fill line.
4. Unscrew collection funnel carefully. Discard the funnel, we will not use it anymore.
Screw on tube cap until it is tightly closed.
5. Invert the tube gently for a few times, to mix your saliva with the solution.
6. Place the sealed tube back into the Genefix plastic container.
Place it back into the box and close the box.
7. Place the box into the provided shipping envelope and seal envelope shut.
Send your saliva sample back to us.